There is a lot of noise out here in these internet streets
There’s a gang of people pulling and tugging at your audience’s time, money and attention and it’s simply too hard for your audience, your ideal client, to hear you sometimes. That’s why you need to step your game up. That is the reason it’s important for you to explore new strategies in your business that will allow you to be seen and heard above your peers, your mentors, and your competition. It’s time to consider doing something that your peers are not doing, or not doing very well, in order to have your message heard!
5 Ways to Rise Above the Noise and Elevate Your Expertise
There are 5 key areas that you must consider exploring in order to separate yourself from the other noise, and have your message heard by your avatar.
- Write Your Book: You would not believe how much respect authors get! I mean, it’s really amazing to be honest. I’ve had people be excited and proud of me for being a doctor, especially a ‘natural’ doctor, but those same people were ECSTATIC to hear that I’d written a book. Even my 11 year old cousin was more impressed that I am an author than the fact that I am a doctor. I guess it makes sense though. Everyone knows a doctor, right? But how many people actually know an author? That’s pretty impressive!
- Public Speaking: I’ve had many students and colleagues tell me how scared/nervous they are about standing in front of a crowd and speaking to them about their area of expertise, or about ANYTHING for that matter. But the reality is that in order for people to connect with you more quickly, you need to have them experience you. They need to hear your voice and see your personality at work. They NEED you to speak to them.
- Podcasting: I recently heard that there are 300,000 podcasts out there so why do you need to start one? Well, because there are over 6 BILLION people in the world and many of them need to hear from YOU. Think about it. How many radio stations are there in the world? I don’t know, but there are a LOT more of them than there are podcasts and people haven’t stopped listening to them.
- Blogging: Just as with podcasts, there are a lot of blogs out there and because of that, you may wonder why YOU should start one and add to the digital information soup. Well, it’s simple. Most people get their information from blogs. Think about it. How much information have you consumed just today that came from a blog? Now, why can’t that be YOUR blog?
- Social Media: I was resistant to expanding my social media reach for a lot of years, but then my coach told me something that I will never forget. She said, “If you are too busy for social media, then you are too busy to get these coins!” in other words, if you want to make money in your business, you need to be where your people are. And where do they hang out… they’re on social media!! So, that’s where you need to be too.
You don’t have to use all of these methods to reach your client avatar – though you absolutely can – but you need to start stepping your game up in at least one of these areas. Choose which area you want to delve into first, do some research on it, create a plan of action, then EXECUTE! Get started. Elevate!