Hello! Hello! Welcome to Hurricane Season down South!!
As you know, I just recently moved back home to Louisiana. In doing so, I am essentially a newcomer. I don’t remember street names. I’m meeting new people all the time. Checking out neighborhoods that I haven’t seen in a minute. Just generally getting to know the city.
What I’d forgotten about was Hurricane Season!! Wow! And weather patterns have changed since I lived here before. So in honor of all that, I’ve asked some friends what I need to do in order to be prepared for emergency weather. I wanted to pass that on to you, regardless of what part of the country you live.
What You Need In Case of Emergency…
This list is in no particular order.
- Bottles of water. Preferably the 1 gallon jugs
- Canned food that doesn’t need to be heated.
- Keep your car full of gas
- Have a couple 5 gallon gas cans available.
- Keep your devices fully charged.
- Also charge your battery charger
- Flashlight Batteries and Flashlights
- Emergency Radio
- Extra Supply of your Medications
- Place all important documents together and easily accesible
- Candles and matches / lighter
- A Map (in case electricity or your phone goes out)
- First Aid Kit
- Important Phone numbers Written down and handy.
Did I Miss Anything?
I haven’t had to think about this in so many years. So it was a great lesson and refresher on what to do. Did I miss anything?
If there is anything that I’ve missed regarding Emergency Preparedness, let me know. The better prepared, the better the outcome!