Cold and flu season is quickly approaching! So if you are looking for a “natural” remedy to help you and your family get through it, try this on for size.
This treatment goes by many names. It’s called “wet socks”, “magic socks”, and “warming socks” to name a few. I first heard about it in one of my hydrotherapy (using hot and / or cold applications of water in order to help the body heal) classes. The therapy is said to help decrease congestion, eliminate headaches (especially sinus congestion headaches), increase parasympathetics (that’s the rest and digest part of the nervous system), increase blood flow, and boost the immune system. Now, who wouldn’t want a treatment that does all of THAT??
Here is what you need:
1) A pair of wool socks (if no wool is available, use very thick cotton socks)
2) A pair of thin cotton socks
3) Cool water
4) Warm, comfy bed
1) Soak the thin cotton socks in the cool water. Make sure they are thoroughly wet
2) Ring the socks out so that they are not dripping
3) Place the cool, wet socks on your feet
4) Place the dry, wool socks on your feet over the wet socks.
5) Get in your warm, comfy bed.
Leave the socks on your feet until you’ve dried them (Yes, your body will dry them! It’s quite amazing) or until the next morning. You can repeat this several nights in a row if you find yourself still congested.
That’s it! Pretty simple, right?
If you need any other assistance with strengthening your immune system and improving your overall health, feel free to CLICK HERE and schedule your FREE 15 Minute discovery call!! Let’s see who we can work together to help get you to Live Better!