There are MANY reasons why you should make our own salad dressing. Like… a LOT of reasons, but here are 11 of my top reasons why you should begin to make your own.
- It’s SOOOO Easy!! Making your own dressing is almost easier than going to the store and buying it. As long as you have a few ingredients in your house, you can have a different dressing each day or even each meal!
- It’s Inexpensive: Buying dressing at the store can cost anywhere from a couple dollars for the cheap, highly preserved, never-fresh kind up to $7 to $10 for a fresher, refrigerated dressing with ‘exotic’ flavors. If you make it, it will cost you pennies because the ingredients can be used for other things as well.
- High Variety: The sky is the limit on the amount of different flavor combinations you can come up with. REALLY!! You can have one on Monday, change one ingredient on Tuesday, add 2 more ingredients on Wednesday… each day having a different taste experience
- You Know What’s In It: More people are becoming aware of what they are putting in their bodies these days. Making your own dressing helps you keep tabs on what you are eating when trying to be healthy…er
- Can be VERY Healthy: You can make dressings very healthy with lots of fresh fruit, veggies, and nuts
- Save the Earth! By making your own dressing you save the earth by decreasing the amount of plastics you purchase. This helps decrease the overall amount of plastic waste that ends up in oceans and landfills. You’re also decreasing your fossil fuel use by driving less.
- It Tastes WAY better! You won’t believe how much better your salads taste when you add your own ingredients and experiment with flavor combinations!!
- Fresher is Better: Adding fresh ingredients has a much better flavor, appearance, and health profile than the highly processed variety that has more chemicals than real ingredients that you find on the shelves.
- It’s Quicker Than Rushing to the Store: in the 30-45 minutes it will take you to put on clothes, get the to car, drive in traffic to the store, browse the aisles trying to decide, standing in line behind the lady with the temper-tantrum-kid, playing chicken with the shopping cart, cussing out the guy that wont let you into traffic and getting back home… to then not feel like even cooking anymore… you could have make 3 or 4 completely different dressings that you absolutely love!
- Did I Mention that it’s EASY???!!! Even your more complicated dressings are really simple to make. They may take a little longer (15-20 minutes), but how awesome would it be to say that you came make your favorite dressing?
- Self Empowerment: The fact that you are depending less on corporations to feed you the things you want, love and need is a very empowering act. And being able to go outside the norm and create beauty on your plate at each meal is an act of high empowerment!
As you can see, there are a TON of reasons why you should start making your own dressing! It doesn’t take much more than a few ingredients that you probably already have in your home and a new mindset. You can do it and I KNOW that you will be better for it!!
If you would like a little help exploring different dressing recipes that you can make very simply in the comfort of your home, check out my new book, Get Dressed Up! In this book, you will find over 100 hundred salad dressing recipes that you can make in less than 10 minutes… Don’t believe me? Just watch!!
In case you missed it: