Whether you are in business for yourself, or you are preparing to branch out on your own in the near future, you should probably have your own blog. Today I want to talk about the 9 Benefits of Blogging for your Business
What is a Blog?
Before we get into the benefits, I should probably explain what a blog is. Well, it is literally a “web log”. It’s like a journal that you put on the internet for the world to read. Just like with a personal journal, it’s a space where you can write about things that are on your mind and things you are interested in. In this case, those things are related to your business and passion. Blogging allows you to talk to people in a more informal way about your products and ideas without the need to be there face-to-face. It’s a beautiful thing!
9 Benefits of Blogging for Your Business
(in no particular order)
- Educate your perspective patients/clients/customers: You can introduce your products and services to them without ‘selling’ them. Teach those who come upon your blog about who you are and what you offer without them feeling like they are going to be forced into anything.
- You are the expert: As you continue to educate your customers and potential customers, they start to see you as the expert in that area. That can set them up to begin thinking of you FIRST when certain situations arise. And of course, that’s what we all want as business professionals, right?
- Increases the Know – Like – Trust factor: in order for people to begin to spend money and time with you, they must first know you, like you, and trust that you will give them what they want/need. The more you can offer them, the more they trust. The more they trust, the more they buy!
- Always Open: A blog is ever-present on the interwebs, so no matter what time of day or night a person has a question, your blog is ready and able to answer it.
- Increases SEO: Your blog, that you update regularly, helps make your site more searchable. Each blog is a page that search engines can find which increases your ranking.
- Attracts Organic Traffic: One of the best ways to get and keep customers is to have something that they need. If your ideal client is searching on the web for something that your blog discusses, they will open it. They may then look around on your site and find out that you are the person they needed.
- Gives your Newsletter some content: The information in your blog can double as content for your newsletter. You don’t need to come up with new information for each platform. Just repurpose what you have for different methods of consumption.
- Go In-Depth: You can use your blog to thoroughly explain an idea, concept or product that your customers / potential customers need. Once the blog is written, you can use it in the future whenever someone needs more explanation about a topic or product.
- Share your personality and passion: In your blog, you can share who you are in a way that you may not be able to do in person. By sharing more of your personality, you also increase the “know-like-trust” factor because they get to read from the real you.
Blogging for business can be a fun way to get more people in your doors. It is a tool that can greatly impact your business in a positive way, and most definitely a tool that you should be using in your marketing plan for your business!
If you want a guide to help you blog like a champ…
… check out the 30 Day Blog Boost Workbook. Get ideas, tips and prompts on what to write for 30 Days in order to make blogging more simple and more fun and help you connect to your audience better!